Facts about Negril
- Negril, a shortened version of "Negrillo", meaning 'little black ones', was named by the Spanish in 1494. There are two theories as to how it got its name: Firstly, the black cliffs south of the village, and secondly, the large amount of black eels along Negril's coast.
- Negril's beach has been rated one of the top ten beaches in the world, so bring your sunscreen, a good book, and get ready for hours of rest and relaxation.
- Negril is famous for its nightlife scene, so pack a few extra evening outfits and head to the Norman Manley Boulevard. Let our reggae beats keep you dancing all night long.
- Expect great food, good prices, lots of dancing, new friends and plenty of laughs.
- The Sweet Spice Restaurant located in Negril is considered to be a family favorite by both locals and visitors alike. For both take-out or sit-down feasts, give this seafood joint with a twist, a go.